Tuesday 26 March 2013

Where He Began ....

At the age of eight Earl submitted a few of his pen drawings to a childrens contest in the Montreal Family Herald. Along with the pictures, Earl sent a letter saying "I am a little invalid, age eight years. I cannot use my hands or feet, so I write, and draw, with my pencil in my mouth. My mother teaches me to read."

 Earl continued drawing which later developed into painting his pictures.  Earl painted Christmas cards for his parents and his parents friends.

When Earl was in his 20's he held a art show at his house. He put all of his paintings up for sale. Earl was very pleased with the way the show turned out. All of his paintings were sold. Earl tried all different kinds of paints. His favourtie was oil paints which were very hard to get because the closest place to get them were in Montreal. He's brother Don would travel to Montreal to get the paint that Earl needed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment